The RTB has begun implementing a COVID – 19 response plan. Their goals are to protect the health and safety of Residential Tenancy Branch (RTB) staff and their loved ones, as well as the public, while also doing their best to maintain access to the RTB’s information and dispute resolution services.
Effective Monday, March 23, 2020, front counter service at the Burnaby RTB Office will be closed until further notice.
- The RTB will not provide in-person service to citizens at this time.
- There are three kiosks open to the public in the Burnaby RTB Office with enough distance in between to maintain social distancing
- The RTB will attempt to ensure hand sanitizer and wipes are available, but at this time are uncertain how or when they will locate a reliable supply.
- There is a drop-box present at the Burnaby RTB Office so citizens can submit paper documents and make payments.
- USB, CD, DVD and paper documents will be accepted in the drop-box
- Certified cheques and money orders will be accepted in the drop-bo
- The drop-box will be checked on a regular basis, however processing may be delayed for 48-72 hours for safety reasons.
- Applicants can still pick-up their Notice of Dispute Resolution Proceeding packages in person at the Burnaby RTB Office or at any Service BC Centre.